[lbo-talk] Pomo Islam, was Re: Muhajababes (was My Secret, Ephemeral Life As An Islamist.)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 25 05:38:06 PDT 2007

First of all, suicide bomber pop. Ivan Shapovalov, Russia's Malcolm McLaren who brought you Tatu, now brings you NATO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSfPiCo6zk

I posted a couple of clips to the Tatar pop singer Superalisa, who upon some research seems to be some sort of retro synth performance artist who does a lot of playing around with Islamic themes. I present you with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSfPiCo6zk

The lyrics are in Russian and Tatar. I don't know Tatar, but the Russian lyrics are:

I'm Superalisa A Tatar singer Dance If you're not sitting down I will sing you some useful advice Don't drink alcohol And don't eat pork Remember: While your feet are dancing You must think often about Great God Look that you don't turn from the right path Think all the time of the One God

Then she goes off in Tatar, the word I can recognize being "Allah."

Then she repeats the Russian lyrics again.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase. http://farechase.yahoo.com/