[lbo-talk] Clash of Sexual Civilizations

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 25 12:38:16 PDT 2007

> Like those sixties radicals, I rather assumed that
sexual possessiveness and identity would become less important through liberation, but instead it has got more so.

Maybe because sex is more fun when you play with identities than when you don't. I do not know if you are a vanilla or not, but it is amazing at how liberating playing with identities is.

Several years ago I decided to think of myself as just sexual -- not gay, not homosexual, not even queer. But after a while I switched back to considering myself gay. What I had discovered for myself was that my sexual energy and sexual expression was enhanced by the various identities I adopted and discarded. For me, it was if the identities were like the banks of a river that channeled the waters' power.

Brian