[lbo-talk] anorexia, a fashion shoot

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 25 18:41:22 PDT 2007

from the Times London story Doug pointed to:

>Toscani, who is renowned for his provocative
>Benetton campaigns, which have shown death-row
>inmates, copulating horses and an Aids sufferer,
>said: “I’ve been looking into the problem of
>anorexia for years. Who’s responsible?
>Communication in general? Television? Fashion?”

Diamanda Galas used to burn those Aids ads onstage. I saw her do it once in Hollywood. I can't remember exactly what she said while she lit it up but "these fuckers" was in there somewhere. She talked about it again last month:

http://www.edgenewyork.com/index.php?ch=entertainment&sc=theatre&sc2=features&sc3=&id=5121&pf=1