[lbo-talk] GM-UAW agreement

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Sep 26 09:33:03 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> It is a serious question, one to which I don't know the answer. And
> your answer is so at odds with the state of political consciousness
> and organization in the U.S. that it never leaves the realm of
> fantasy. I just posted an article on how miners in Utah are arguing
> against tighter safety regulations. That is the state of political
> consciousness in the U.S. today. C'mon over and help us out.

I think Lenin's Tomb gave a very good response to the questions in this thread.

Doug, I think you need to get out of New York and talk to some actual working people around the U.S. Their political consciousness is not as bleak and reactionary as you insist. There is plenty of political space in this country for radical action. IMHO, it's other leftists who are holding us back, not any government repression or the prevailing "state of political consciousness."

Chuck