[lbo-talk] GM-UAW agreement

Lenin's Tomb leninstombblog at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:37:48 PDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

> Well, GM's stockholder equity is negative. Those "billions" are gone.
> Cash-in-the-bank covers about half of GM's outstanding debt ($20B of
> $40B). Net income has been negative for the past 3 years.

Well, I don't know how to handle these stats, but the figures I had read suggested that GM was still making profit despite a dramatic decrease on last year, but that last year had recorded net profits. Secondly, I think these falls are likely to be cyclical rather than long-term. They were raking it in only a few years ago, and I reckon they're using temporary shortfalls as an excuse for a war on their employees.