[lbo-talk] help

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 26 11:59:57 PDT 2007

> I'm still awaiting suggestions about what the UAW could have done
> against a sick GM. There's the Labor Notes answer, "More militancy!
> More rank and file power!," but it still doesn't address the fact
> that GM's North American operations are a wreck. The U.S. auto
> industry seems like it's run by a bunch of morons, who've failed for
> the last 35 years to respond to Japanese competition. But that's the
> world the UAW has to deal with. What should they do?

When I worked in a normal job, I was not once contacted by any union. Not a flyer, not an email.

No union mentioned solidarity to me, or said "We don't have the resources to help organize you, but here's something you'll want to hear. You see, we give a damn about you because you're a fellow human being, and we're sure you've noticed the kooky reality distortion field in which you spend all your many working hours..."

On 9/26/07, Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:
> Become anarchists and fuck up the system, man!
>
> Doofus

Nice Chomsky impression! ;)

Tayssir