[lbo-talk] GM-UAW agreement

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed Sep 26 17:42:23 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:

> This line drives me crazy. There are plenty of working people right
> here in NYC. And the ones I talk to exhibit none of the militancy
> you're always claiming exists. I'm sure Jim Straub has lots of
> stories about the consciousness of the American working class in
> places like Nevada and Ohio.

I never said that there weren't working class people in New York City. But as you well know, NYC is a liberal-leftist enclave that operates in its own universe. You probably rub shoulders with lots of leftists who are of the mind right now that we live in some kind of fascist country where radicalism isn't possible.

I just have to laugh sometimes when I read the cowardly talk on this list. It's just so out of the orbit of the people I talk to on a daily basis. Or just read the news published by the radical press which details all the militant shit people are doing.

I've gotta go write an email to the anarchists in Des Moines, Iowa...

Chuck