[lbo-talk] letter to the editor

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 23:18:59 PDT 2007

That was a good letter. And let's not forget that even if we're not at Bush's speeches personally we're still not not given an opportunity to laugh at them, either, because often the White House charitably corrects Bush's grammar and pronunciation flubs when they type up the official transcript. Today Bush told school kids and faculty that "Childrens do learn." [sic] This is the kind of thing that is often transformed into the official record as "Children can learn." http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070926/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_bush_grammar

-B.

Doug Henwood wrote:

"New York Times - September 26, 2007 http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/opinion/l26iran.html?pagewanted=2