[lbo-talk] letter to eric asimov

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Fri Sep 28 07:13:38 PDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:51:01PM -0400, Michael Smith wrote:

> Off topic, I know, but point of information: Why is "wait staff"
> considered more PC than "waiters"? The latter isn't particularly
> gendered.

"Wait staff" means waiters, bussers, anyone else who gets a chunk of the tip (which, without question, should be >= 20% here in the States).

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 yahoo msg: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com

Trillian did a little research in the ship's copy of THHGTTG. It had some advice to offer on drunkenness. "Go to it", it said, "and good luck." It was cross-referenced to the entry concerning the size of the Universe and ways of coping with that.

-THHGTTG