[lbo-talk] attitudes towards religion

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 13:45:51 PDT 2007

I don't think there is any difficulty at all in reconciling evolutionary theory and a Christian cosmos, unless you are a fundie. And you know they are a minority among Christians. I'm pretty sure my dad believes in evolution, and he's a Protestant minister (which is BTW I think why a lot of this religion-bashing stuff annoys me -- I know for a fact that he saved many peoples' lives at the drug rehab center he ran before retirement. Evil life-saving minister!).

I don't think Augustine would have had a problem with it. Hell, I think "man comes from animals" would have appealed to him, since he could have said this meant people without reason are basically beasts.