[lbo-talk] Last Supper, in a leather harness

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Sep 28 15:49:05 PDT 2007

On 28 Sep, 2007, at 19:30 PM, bitch at pulpculture.org wrote:
> I'm not so sure, reading her
> tales of life in the backwoods (bush) of Canada, that atheism is a
> luxury
> confined to the overeducated or to the wealthy. Certainly, some
> pretty poor
> folk she writes about are atheists.

Its possible I am wrong, of course. I await the refutation! ;-)

> Yes, it's fiction... but, it's hardly
> more fictional than Ravi's assumption that on the basis of his
> apparently
> friendless life (thatis, his lack of a social life he often complains
> about), he can make such a claim.

Huh? First, I object since that makes me look quite pathetic and I hate to let stand a description of me that goes against my carefully cultivated Internet image. Second, have I really complained a lot about that? I would guess only a couple of times, yes? Also, is a friendless life the same as a lack of social life? I mean, I do a lot of thing to amuse myself: museums, travel, the occasional visit to Whole Foods ;-) (where milk and yoghurt are cheaper than at the Stop & Shop!), stuff like that. I feel like that should qualify for some sort of social life. Plus, Andie said once (not in these words) I should consider the virtual community a community too, and damn if I don't meet my LBO quota on most days of the week!

And the part about how all of this is a hidden assumption in my claim... that I do not understand at all, so I have nothing to say about that.

--ravi