[lbo-talk] Last Supper, in a leather harness

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 29 16:00:37 PDT 2007

Carrol wrote: "The label implicitly denies full humanity to a huge proportion of the human species who don't fit someone's private belief of what it means to be "ordinary."

Actually, Carrol, to my ear "ordinary" often has the opposite connotation. It means people unlike us, the intelligentsia, who nevertheless have a claim to our attention. *All in the Family* is a good example of this meaning of "ordinary people."