[lbo-talk] Marx on the credit crunch?

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 2 05:24:12 PDT 2008

I think this depends on how you define "science." Cosmology, paleontology, and many forms of geology are all really varieties of history and all normally considered sciences. Unless one wants to say that "history" only refers to that story of the development of human beings, and that for some reason human beings, unlike everything else, cannot be described by such a science.

--- Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Charles, how on earth is a "science" of history even
> possible? Please do not take this as a rhetorical
> question. I think one can do useful analytical,
> scholarly historical work, but there are no "laws"
> of
> history. Using the word "science" makes exaggerated
> claims for scholarly historical analysis.

Mataiotes mataioteton, eipen ho Ekklasiastes, mataiotes mataioteton, ta panta mataiotes.

____________________________________________________________________________________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com