[lbo-talk] LBO #117: Obama (piece now on LBO website)

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Apr 2 06:32:28 PDT 2008

Doug: "It’s not like he’ll take the phone calls of all those 27-year-olds who gave him $100 on the web as quickly as he’d answer a summons from Paul Tudor Jones. "

^^^^ 2009 , hedge funds and investment _banks_ ( in this stock market ,non-bank , finance capital system) dropping like flies. The gold phone rings. It's Paul Tudor Jones.

Pres. O: Hello

Richman Jones: Mr. Pres. I think you should bailout all those funds and big banks.

Pres. O: Banks ? This is a stockmarket system, and the stock market is going through the roof. I read that in _Wallstreet_

Anyway, a lot of those 27 year olds who gave me $100 on the web are saying that I should help the debtor class before I help the creditor class.

Richman Jones: Don't worry. Doug Henwood, leftist author of _Wallstreet_ who speaks for the debtor class, says the only way to help the debtors is to bailout the creditors.