[lbo-talk] How it should be done

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 3 08:29:50 PDT 2008

On Apr 3, 2008, at 11:11 AM, Seth Ackerman wrote:

> If the powers that be desperately want a bailout quickly and have
> to go anxiously hat in hand to Congress to get one, the proper
> attitude
> is to yell about the hypocrisy of bailouts for bankers and
> austerity for
> workers.

Sure, that's fine with me - I've even done it myself. And I've said there absolutely must be serious re-regulation so this doesn't happen again. But I haven't heard Dean really concede the need for a bailout, aside from his bogus invocation of Northern Rock. William Jennings Bryan doesn't have anything to do with it.