[lbo-talk] How it should be done

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 3 09:12:51 PDT 2008

Seth is right.

This is one of those Enron moments -- which did not involve a bailout (that I recall) -- but which should have been used, could be used, more effectively as a galvanizing event to push for more organized labor or at least elicit what Doug seems to derisively be calling a "populist eruptions."

After Enron, majorities polled wanted to join unions. That never happened Now people are getting pissed that they are seeing people getting thown out of homes while flks like James Cayne of Bear Stearns go retire with 60 million US. This means nothing huh, and we should just take a look at what Scandinavians did? That isn't even the point!

-B.

Seth Ackerman wrote:

"It's not a question of bailout or no bailout - some sort of bailout will happen no matter what. It's a question of what public attitude to take toward it. This is a rare moment - the whole country is paying attention to national economic policy at the very moment an act of supreme bourgeois hypocrisy is about to be carried out. It should not go to waste."