[lbo-talk] EU opens Northern Rock investigation

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 09:57:57 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Well I said this not all that long ago:
>
> <http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Turmoil2.html>

Yeah...it's open on another tab. Hadn't seen it yet, but noticed it when I went to _Wall Street_ for the quote. I'll have to look more closely at it. Is there anyone who you think has said something reasonable re: "What should be done?"

I think the private dominatrix sessions would be a start, but it might be more effective if we let their mothers sit in on it or had it televised or something. Public humiliation seems in order for the moment--as long as its something they wouldn't enjoy. If they don't get market discipline, they should get Foucauldian punishment. I suppose we can work on the regulations as the disaster unravels.