[lbo-talk] How it should be done

Eubulides prince.plumples at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 20:47:52 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Bill Bartlett <billbartlett at aapt.net.au> wrote:

> Ritual humiliation, like making them queue up in the rain, fill out
> ridiculous forms with hundreds of impertinent questions, a means test
> of course. Make it clear that there are deserving and undeserving
> victims, that wouldn't be hard. The deserving cases, which it can be
> made clear are simply careless financial incompetents, will still be
> humiliated and forced to grovel, but they'll get some relief,
> eventually, years after applying. maybe in-kind relief, like
> vouchers. The undeserving can be pilloried on national TV and then
> get a jail sentence for their trouble.
>
> Like you say, be consistent.
>
> Bill Bartlett
> Bracknell Tas

==============

A Jerry Springer for Wall Street and the Fed? :-)

Ben Bernanke' and David Nason's bedtime reading:

<http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8660.html>

Why Are There So Many Banking Crises? The Politics and Policy of Bank Regulation Jean-Charles Rochet

Cloth | 2008 | $50.00 / £29.95 336 pp. | 6 x 9

[My brain really really hurts after reading chapter 3 alongside Adam Tooze's "The Wages of Destruction" chapter 4 --thx to LNP for the link on pen-l a while back...]

<http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8440.html>

When Insurers Go Bust: An Economic Analysis of the Role and Design of Prudential Regulation Guillaume Plantin & Jean-Charles Rochet

With a foreword by Hyun Song Shin

Cloth | 2007 | $29.95 / £17.95 112 pp. | 5 1/2 x 8 1/2