[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is the dumbest thing ever

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 05:11:12 PDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 5, 2008 at 6:23 AM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here's a link to an article about the rising number of
> uninsured in Germany, based upon a study of the
> Hans-Böckler-Stiftung, whose credentials should be
> social democratic enough for you:
> http://hartz.blogg.de/eintrag.php?id=679

Taking this completely on face value, without getting into how much healthcare costs out-of-pocket to insured and uninsured alike, it cites a figure of 188000, of out a population of 80 million or so? The number in the US off the top of my head is 47 million, out of 300 million.

That's a quarter of a percent vs. 15%.

-- Andy