[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that "Stuff White People Like" is the dumbest thing ever

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Apr 5 07:07:32 PDT 2008

but what does wojtek living in poland have to do with whether or not he's a stereotypical "white person".

i also don't get what's so horrible about this site. the guy started it to mock himself. someone sent a link to LBO (I think) about how it got started -- when he and a friend commented about how much they liked a movie (IIRC) and wished more people of color liked it. the blog mocked himself for thinking like that -- again, IIRC. the whole thing always reminds me of that MOdern Hipster spoof magazine B once posted to the list.

what's dumb about the SWPL site is that it's not about whiteness alone, but about professional-managerial class whiteness -- and it's probably also about male professional-managerial whiteness as well.

oh. speaking of hipsters, i've been house hunting. talked to a woman the other day who gloried about how her housekeeper didn't use any devices with which to clean floor, but got down on her hands and knees and scrubbed and polished wood floors for, whee!, $10/hr. Whee. Plus, she talked about it in terms of her time -- how you can afford it because you are paying her less than her hourly rate, therefore recouping a time profit. niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

assholes.