[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is the dumbest thing ever

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 5 09:40:02 PDT 2008

Andy F:

> The number in the US off the top of my head is 47
> million, out of 300
> million.
> That's a quarter of a percent vs. 15%.

Yes, I did not mean to imply that it is a significant number, just that Dennis was completely wrong in claiming that those who cannot afford coverage will be necessarily covered. Just like he was completely wrong with his claims about Hartz IV being repealed.

He is entitled to be a shill for European capital, but not at the expense of the facts. A while ago he also made some glib statement about the U.S. ruling class having to submit to the dictates of Swiss creditors. Now USB is claiming losses of 4,4 billion francs as a result of the subprime crisis.

It's that sort of utter fantasy stated with the utmost certainty, by someone who doesn't live here, which irritates me. By someone whose familiarity with Europe is based upon a *study abroad* (Stuff White People Like #72) in *FREIBURG* of all places. Anyone who isn't willing to venture east of the Elbe to gain a more accurate picture of contemporary social reality is simply not serious.

P.S. my sister manages to have health care because she is officially a student, but as she studies translation, an "independent" profession on contract basis, she is genuinely frightened of the costs of having to pay for her own health care.

____________________________________________________________________________________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com