[lbo-talk] Heston

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Sun Apr 6 08:56:26 PDT 2008

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 11:35:37 -0400 Jim Farmelant <farmelantj at juno.com> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 09:59:40 -0400 "Dennis Perrin"
> <dperrin at comcast.net>
> writes:
> > My mini-obit:
> >

> <http://dennisperrin.blogspot.com/2008/04/his-toupee-will-live-on.html>
> >
> > Dennis
>
> Michael Wilson who co-wrote (with Rod Serling)
> the screenplay for "Planet of the Apes" was blacklisted in the
> 1950s for being a Communist.

And I forgot to point out that the screenplay for "Spartacus" was written by Dalton Trumbo, based on the novel by Howard Fast.

Arch-reactionary film actor, Charlton Heston, owes whatever artistic reputation that he had as an actor, in part, due to the work of writers who were commies or ex-commies. The ironies concerning this are rich indeed.