[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that 'Stuff White People Like' is the dumbest thing ever

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 14:15:03 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> And the corollary to Dennis and others' mystifications
> of European social reality is that over here, every
> demontage of the social insurance system, every NATO
> or EU war, every introduction of students' fees, every
> propaganda against trade union strikes, is done with
> the justification that "at least we don't have
> American conditions."

What does that have to do with holding European standards up as a worthy goal have to do with that? Those standards, however flawed, help us show how ridiculous the TINA argument is, and you seem to have no idea how well entrenched that is in the public imagination here. Something on this end short of the perfectionist standard you seem to insist on would give you more breathing room, too.

Besides, you come across like a rich guy complaining about his yacht.

-- Andy