[lbo-talk] Irrefutable proof that "Stuff White People Like" is the dumbest thing ever

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 17:34:33 PDT 2008

--- Angelus Novus <fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com> wrote:

> In Germany, there is a system of mandatory
> insurance,
> meaning that every individual is obligated by law to
> seek health insurance, either from the formerly
> public
> health insurance providers or from the private
> health
> insurance providers.
>
> If you have a job, a part of your pay goes to your
> insurance. Granted, if you receive Hartz IV, then
> the
> state pays for it, so I suppose it is "free" in that
> sense, but trust me, you do not want to be dependent
> upon Hartz IV for survival.

[WS:] So what would be a "free" system in your scheme if not one paid for by the taxpayers via mandatory leivies aka taxes? That government prints money and uses it it to pay for things? AFAIK, it has been tried once in the place where you live - with rather disastrous consequences.

As to your comments regarding my political views - if you were someone who has guts to put his name where his mouth is I would reply - but you obviosly are not such a person - so I will respond with a generic commentary on internet trolling that comes from a New Yorker cartoon: "on the internet, nobody knows you are a dog." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Internet,_nobody_knows_you're_a_dog

PS. I read the respective passage from "Stuff White People Like" and found it rather silly. It looks like anoher example of internet trolling - in this case by a rightwing agent provocateur or perhaps a fratboy trying to stir some commotion by impersonating a black person hurling racist slurs at white people. Indeed, on the internet, nobody knows that one is a dog.

Wojtek

____________________________________________________________________________________ You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost. http://tc.deals.yahoo.com/tc/blockbuster/text5.com