[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 18:35:16 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 9:17 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7335806.stm

Good for the Assembly Democrats. Hypothetically, congestion pricing would have benefited me personally, as I'm a transit rider. (Of course, the March 2 fare hikes were supposed to fund improved service too, and we see how long it took for the MTA to announce THAT wouldn't be happening.)

Regardless, I oppose on principle any plan to beautify the city's wealthiest neighborhoods at the expense, both economic and environmental, of the much poorer ones outside Lower Manhattan. I hope Bloomberg devises a similar plan that isn't so regressive, but I'm not holding my breath.