[lbo-talk] Hayek, reading suggestions?

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 19:05:22 PDT 2008

Much better to read for Hayek is his classic collection of papers, Individualism and the Economic Order, which collects his contributions to the calculation debate -- in which I believe he is the Last Man Standing. Hayek's big book (literally) of political philosophy is The Constitution of Liberty, which is interesting parts. The Road To serfdom is designed as sort of popular propaganda and despite Keynes' admiration for it, is basically a collection of what Hayek knew were cheap shots. Hayek's' quirky book on the Counterrevolution id Science, against Enlightenment social planners, is _very_ interesting and thoughtful. He scores a lot of points, many of which echo Marx.