[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Apr 8 10:51:10 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 14:36:14 John Thornton wrote:

> When I lived in Manhattan years ago I lived on the east side.
> I didn't own a car and didn't recall that being a problem or the east
> side being a transit desert.
> Has NYC changed that much?

The East Side isn't as well served by transit as the West, but hardly a desert.

Of course nobody denies that better transit is necessary, as well as internalizing the costs of driving. But the objectors to congestion pricing, as far as I can tell, are arguing that you can't do anything unless you do everything.