[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Apr 8 12:22:46 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 14:00:04 Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Well, then you aren't reading for comprehension.

Oh snap!

> My points are simple:
>
> - Pay for transportation infrastructure in the most efficient and
> progressive way possible: through the General Fund

Let me see whether I can improve my comprehension. Are you -- and this is not a rhetorical question -- advocating that the subways should be free? How about commuter rail? Airplanes? Where and on what basis do you draw the line and start internalizing costs? Seriously. I don't believe I'm grasping the essentials of your argument.