[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Tue Apr 8 15:05:00 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 08 April 2008 17:37:23 Jordan Hayes wrote:

> I'm not saying driving should be free, I'm saying that congestion
> pricing is a bad idea.

The alternative being...? I seem to recall that you also thought tolls were a bad idea, right? So -- I'm hope I'm following you here -- if you *are* OK with internalizing some at least of the social costs of driving, how do we do it? And a corollary: How do we account for the fact that those social costs are higher at some times and places than others?