[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:19:23 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> you're paying even less attention than i am. jordan is a public transit
> user. big time. get that straight. he thinks it's a good idea and also
> thinks his plan for funding it is superior to the use tax schemes others
> have proposed. why are people acting as if he is opposed to public
> transportation?

Huh? Where have I said any such thing?

> a. you collect with use taxes, save money as you mention, and spend money
> for corruption caused by the way you collect the use taxes.
>
> b. you collect with general taxes, save money, no money spent for
> corruption collecting use taxes.
>
> a. costs you more.

You could collect with both. You could save even more money, unless the use fee collections costs exceed the fees, and maybe even then.

I confess I'm a little puzzled by the particular concern over corruption in collection of use fees. What's the effective graft of military Kenesianism?

-- Andy