[lbo-talk] NY blocks mayor's congestion plan

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 23:23:13 PDT 2008

Some people. All things being equal I'd much rather take the train -- for selfish rather than socially conscious reasons.

Driving in traffic is a pain. On the commuter train, the Chicago Metra, I can read, sleep, even work. The El, the CTA subway, is bad and getting much worse, it's declined as much as the NY subway has improved, it's sort of a tossup between that and the car, but even without congestion pricing the cost of gas and parking generally means that I take even the El.

Now my late PiL always drove into the city from Queens, of course for them you had to take a bus to the E train, they also always knew where you could find parking. I never figutred out how they did it, Haven't here mysel;f in Shytown either.