[lbo-talk] Eyes on the Prize

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 06:37:48 PDT 2008

In ESSENCE, Doug, in ESSENCE! That gini stuff is just a bunch of accidents.

I think Capitalism (capital C) functions in Carrol's private religion as Satan in a fallen world. It's a very calvinist worldview he's got: the fallenness; evil present everywhere, all with one source; redemption will arrive mysteriously from some place in the future and we can't really affect its coming, but we have to work hard anyway so we can be saved. Damn, it is a form of secularized calvinism, it really is.