[lbo-talk] brain teaser

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 9 07:34:50 PDT 2008

--- John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Propulsion!
>
> Actually since the moon has no atmosphere and the
> powder in a .45 cal
> doesn't create it's own oxygen I don't see how a gun
> could fire on the moon.

[WS:] This is what I thought too, but I was not sure. But besides the oxygen issue, how much propulsion would you get on a 200 mile trip? The moon has some gravity, so one cannot levitaate like in a zero gravity condition - just make longer jumps (6 times longer than on Earth, if memory serves.) Firing 12 or so shots may add to the length of 12 jumps, but that is a small part of a 200 mile journey, no?

Wojtek