[lbo-talk] LBO's Union Experts, I Call Upon Ye!

Jim Straub rustbeltjacobin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 13:17:57 PDT 2008

I challenge anyone in our list to point to an alternate, workable strategy to rebuild the labor movement up from 7% of the private sector in the US's current political climate and alignment of forces.

Some don't like that Unite Here and SEIU ruthlessly pursue union density through corporate campaigns to win organizing rights. Fair enough. Let's hear your plan. Because it's not an academic question for those who work to put food on their table--- a rebuilt labor movement genuinely is badly needed for us all.

I won't even challenge you to put your plan into practice. Leftos of the world I meet you on your own terms--- that of Talk. Just say your better idea. Can't hurt for us to move into a constructive direction. Judging from my math errors I made so far in the debate if I keep on the current tack I'll de-organize us dow into .00007% of the workforce before long!