[lbo-talk] LBO's Union Experts, I Call Upon Ye!

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:46:19 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Michael McIntyre <mcintyremichael at mac.com> wrote:

> The Labor Notes people (aka the Berkeley Shachtmanite/Draperite
> Detroit Transplant Dweebs) have been promoting such a strategy for
> years, one based on union democracy, mobilizing rank-and-file members
> as organizers, a social movement conception of unionism, active shop-
> floor presence, and a fight against all contract give-backs.

But when have they actually organized sufficient new members to increase the industrial density of any union?

For that matter, when have they organized enough workers to significantly slow the decline of union power?

Private-sector density stands at 7.5%. Will the last LN'er left to squabble over the UAW please turn out the lights?