[lbo-talk] LBO's Union Experts, I Call Upon Ye!

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:03:36 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> This is a nonsense question, for reasons that Marvin Gandall has nicely
> summarized. _Nothing_ anyone might have done over the last 40 years
> would have produced greatly different results (or as JS says in that
> moldy old cliche "put (more) ood on the table").

Really? In the last 12 years, SEIU has organized over a million new workers and more than doubled its membership. Do you honestly believe "nothing anyone might have done" would have produced at least some growth for other unions? And if so, for the love of God, why? What makes SEIU that special, aside from its organizing model that apparently (get this!) works?

With that, I'm (well) over quota and out for the evening.