[lbo-talk] craft unions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 16 11:09:38 PDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 11:05 AM, Mark Rickling wrote:

> Comrade! Didn't you get the memo from the leadership? According to the
> "International Committee of the Fourth International" -- I have no
> idea what flavor of Trot this is, nor do I care to know -- workers
> shouldn't take sides in a "sordid battle over dues income":
>
> http://www.wsws.org/articles/2008/apr2008/seiu-a15.shtml

The full sentence: "While workers should take no side in the sordid battle over dues income, they must unequivocally oppose the gangster methods of the SEIU and take it as a sharp warning of the type of violence the union bureaucracy will use to defend its privileges against the opposition of rank-and-file workers." Just saying.

Doug