[lbo-talk] Obama gains on "electability"

Charles A. Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Wed Apr 16 12:45:45 PDT 2008

`` the `bitterness' thing has no effect in the polls'' doug

------

As Wotjek noted, that's good. In the last month or so each campaign news weekly cycle has started off with some fabricated gaff or some so-called affont to the extra ordinarily delicate sensibilities of the potential electorate. A few weeks ago it was the Rev Wright thing, then something else (I forget), and now the pass week cycle meandered around this `bitterness'.

All of these controversies were completely irrelevant, although supposed to question the character and judgement of Obama. And it seemed to me they were propogated and pushed through the news cycles by the Clinton campaign.

I think a lot of people are beginning to turn off Clinton because she is running this sort of typical slash and burn campaign on Obama instead of McCain.

That certainly decided it for me. Screw Clinton. She needs to get her priorities straight. Save that shit for the right.

CG

[ps. sorry about that r~ is the wrong command which should be ~r <filename> to insert a file into the text section of an email message under old unix `mail'. ]