[lbo-talk] craft unions

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 14:57:23 PDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> If this Ohio thing shows anything, it's that high-
> altitude scheming can evaporate in an instant without that rank-and-
> file support.

That's pretty obvious, but I'm not sure what your point is. Should unions now devote twice as many resources to each organizing campaign, in case some other union should happen to stab them in the back? If SEIU has a generally successful organizing model - which it clearly does - should it double the demands of that model and halve the number of its campaigns? Can anyone explain to me how that could possibly be a good thing?