[lbo-talk] LBO's Union Experts, I Call Upon Ye!

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Apr 17 11:01:50 PDT 2008

Ditto for social solidarity networks and unionism. My argument is that social solidarity networks were taken for granted in the earlier days of unionism, because they had always been there, brought in by European immigrants and reproduced in the new world. It is only when capitalism destroyed these networks through massive suburbanization and consumerism (both conscious efforts of USG to counteract "communist" influences) ^^^^^ CB: This is an example of a an actual ruling class conspiracy, and thereby Wojtek espouses a valid conspiracy hypothesis.

^^^^

, US labor unionism was deprived of its "social oxygen" and started to falter.

Wojtek