[lbo-talk] CNA responds to Mark Rickling

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 06:44:47 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> This effect is not visible in average wage levels. To pick two lines
> of work where SEIU is active in the New York metro area:

NYSNA, not SEIU, has the RNs in the metro area. We've got them upstate. Property service is not my division, but I know density in the burbs is not like it is in the city. BLS or the NY department of labor will give you figures for the City of NY and not just the larger MSA, right? Also, focusing on median wages obscures other expensive forms of compensation, like a defined benefit pension plan, excellent health plan, etc. Almost sure NYC janitors have the former (plus the latter).