[lbo-talk] CNA responds to Mark Rickling

Mark Rickling mrickling at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 06:46:15 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> Had SEIU not pulled out
> of the AFL-CIO in what now looks like a deeply meaningless act, there
> would have been dispute resolution mechanisms to put an end to this
> fight.

I agree with you here, up to a point. One of the reasons SEIU pulled out is that Article 20 only covered existing existing bargaining units -- i.e. no raiding -- and the AFL was incredibly poor in resolving jurisdictional issues for new organizing. But it's clear with the CtW split that we (the house of labor) are no closer to solving this.