[lbo-talk] London congestion charge, follow-up

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Apr 18 11:21:46 PDT 2008

>> 'Her admission confirms claims made by experts - including
>> the AA, London First, the Centre for Economics and Business
>> Research and the Institute of Advanced Motorists - that
>> congestion in central London has risen.

My own suspicion is that congestion is rising _in addition_ to whatever impacts the congestion zone has brought to central London. That's another reason I dislike these schemes: it makes everyone think that Something Is Being Done, and so other items don't get as much play. So when it underperforms expectations, people have a nice scapegoat :-)

/jordan