[lbo-talk] To each according to work

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Sat Apr 19 08:29:37 PDT 2008

>>> andie nachgeborenen

and in fact in soime sense measure. contribution, on a roughly quantitative comparative scale, is going to be rife with opportunities for exploitation and indeed will be unstable as

those exploited by others they feel to be goofoofs benefitingf at their expense slack off on necesswary labor.

^^^

CB: Indeed , and the number one group that is living

off of the surplus labor of others , the biggest

freeloaders, are the ruling class, the rich, the exploiters. Historically, there has been a significant

correlation between predominantly mental labor ( like reading books by Horace or Thucididyes, or Hobbes or reciting priestly tales) and living off of the surplus product of others, and between predominantly physical labor and having your surplus product taken, not enjoying all the fruits of one's labor.

This claim embodies some unpleasant but true assumptions about human nature than we may transcend someday, but we deal with the new society as it emerges from the womb of the old, c'est ne pas? I know I will be damned as a captive of the old Puritan Protestant Jewish worj ethic, someone who doesn't realize that policing (I use the word deliberately) contribution is a bad part of bourgeouis society that will be transcended in a better world, that there will be few slackers because enough people will just love to do the dirty and dangerous work while othersenjoy themselves, and that assigning tasks among workers will be a matter of autonomnous agreement ratherthan labor management. Hooey.