[lbo-talk] Quote of the weak

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 04:04:40 PDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 10:10 PM, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> "Cleavage, of course, helped me a lot to get where I am. I don't know how they [Marilyn Monroe and Kim Novak ] got there." -- Jayne Mansfield (maybe beauty and talent?) (But this statement does show a certain amount of commensable self awareness.)

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jayne_Mansfield>

Frequent references have been made to her very high intelligence quotient. Mansfield advertised her I.Q. as 163, spoke five languages, and was a classically trained pianist and violinist,[3] but such intellectual abilities were inconsequential to her career. Mansfield admitted her public didn't care about her brains. "They're more interested in 40-21-35," she said. [4]

-- Andy