[lbo-talk] Reading suggestions needed

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 21 13:52:01 PDT 2008

Angelus Novus wrote:
> During a European speaking tour, Finkelstein claimed
> that the World Jewish Congress of "blackmailing"
> Austria because Stuart Eizenstat threatened a boycott
> after the election of Jörg Haider.
>
> Fuck Finkelstein.

So when you write

"Yes, poor Germany and poor Switzerland, blameless victims of a devious Jewish plot to bleed these nations dry. I shed a thousand tears."

as an assessment of Finkelstein's book "The Holocaust Industry: Reflections on the Exploitation of Jewish Suffering" your assessment is based on the above comment by Finkelstein rather than your actually having read the book?

That's good to know. It means I can ignore your future posts without worrying that I might miss anything of substance.

Had you bothered to read the book you might have learned something and you might not have written the ignorant comment above.

If you read it now you might discover why your comment appears ignorant to someone who has read Finkelstein's book.

John Thornton