[lbo-talk] Reading suggestions needed

Eubulides prince.plumples at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:28:23 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 2:58 PM, <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks. I have read the Holocaust Industry and thought it was first rate. But it would not be the first book I'd give someone who wanted to learn more about the holocaust because that's really not what the book was about.
>
> I am definitely looking for something that is more historically savvy than a totally Jewish-centered account, because I think that while the genocide of the Jews was a necessary traditional facade for what Hitler was doing, it was really not the main point.
>
> Joanna

An exremely well written and thorough [and on sale for cheap in paperback!] account of the political economy of Nazism is "Wages of Destruction" by Adam Tooze. The book may wreak havoc on a 14 year old, though. It's bringing back nasty memories from when I read lots of my dad's WWII books with the gruesome photos as a kid.

Ian