[lbo-talk] Angry Renter

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 10:07:36 PDT 2008

Stopping bail outs of homeowners/borrowers/lenders seem to me to offer little lthat would actually HELP renters.

The better thing for renters would be legislation providing security of tenure (just cause eviction) and limiting the ability of landlords to raise rents. Such things are necessarily local or state based. In California, sadly, things seem to be going in the opposite direction with - as I understand it - an initiative set for the June ballot limiting the ability of localities to impose rent control. which is part of a decades long campaign by landlords to contain, gut and roll back rent control laws. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Joseph Catron" <jncatron at gmail.com>