[lbo-talk] Nation student writing contest

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Apr 22 10:19:01 PDT 2008

Peter Rothberg sent a message to the members of The Nation Magazine [group on Facebook]..

-------------------- Subject: Student Writing Contest

We're happy to announce The Nation's third annual student writing contest. Please help us spread the word. This year we're looking for students to answer this question: What have you learned from a personal experience that the next president should know before setting the agenda for the country?

Essays should not exceed 800 words. All high school and college students are eligible. We'll select five finalists and two winners-- one from college, one from high school. Each winner will be awarded $1,000 and a Nation subscription. The winning essays will be published and/or excerpted in the magazine and featured at TheNation.com. Entries (only one per student) will be accepted through May 31, 2008. A winner will be announced by September 4. http://www.thenation.com/about/student_writing_contest.mhtml