[lbo-talk] Gallup: Dem race now tied

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 06:05:43 PDT 2008

I get the odd feeling that members of this list, looking down from their Olympian heights, from where there's "not a dimes worth of difference" between the candidates, are actually fond of one or the other of them -- find one cuter, think one deserves a good come-uppance, feel one is much more evil than the other, etc.

The old feeling that history is being made right before our eyes and that we have a role in it just won't die!

BW Eubulides <prince.plumples at gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 7:00 PM, shag wrote:

> At 09:15 PM 4/25/2008, Eubulides wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 5:48 PM, shag wrote:
> >
> > > clinton is red meat for the base. they need to fire up their base in order
> > > to win. red meat gets the vote out.
> >
> >=============
> >
> >She can no more do populism-ressentiment than she can down a shot of
> >whiskey; too smug to know angst, too..........
>
> did you snip the wrong sentence to reply to? if not, then maybe i wasn't
> clear: red meat for the base is someone they hate. it's like giving a pack
> of dogs a hunk of red meat. that's how the republican base feels about
> hillary clinton -- and bill clinton, too. they want to chew her up like a
> hunk of bloody red meat.

My bad; I misread because gmail didn't show you replying to GM and I misthought you left out a word or two. If the Repugs. go ressentiment they'll make BHO's point and she won't be able to respond in kind even if she's able, which she isn't. No way she can triangulate Thomas Frank and Larry Bartels: http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8664.html ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk

--------------------------------- Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.